Butts & Gumbo Jan. 5 at G.S. First Presbyterian
On Saturday, January 5, from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., the new year kicks off with the third annual Holy Smokes at Gulf Shores Presbyterian Church. Enjoy the now famous Boston Butts & Veggie Gumbo menu. Music entertainment and fellowship will be a big part of the day, with seating available, as well as to-go orders for those on the run.
Other culinary events include:
• The community favorite “Eating Mindfully: A Delicious Vegetarian Experience” prepared by Jennifer Hammonds, taking place on Sat., Jan. 19.
• TheValentine Special on Thurs., Feb 14.
• On the visual arts scene, The Gulf Coast Arts Alliance Art Markets will take place on Jan. 12 and Feb. 9.
• Other adult classes and activities happening to help stay warm on weekdays this winter include art classes: “Praying in Color/Zentangle” and “Art 101: Facing the Blank Page without Fear!”, with instructor Carol Edington; Line Dancing classes for adults with Jackie Clair (various levels); “Sewflakes”, Island Quilters, “BrainSharp: Creating More Pathways in Your Brain!”, led by Kayla Dowling, Chair Yoga with Jennifer Hammonds.
• Also slated is an intriguing seminar series for adults, focusing on the latest research encompassing many facets of retirement life (factual, fun, forward-thinking and informative).