Coastal Ballet’s Nutcracker is expanding its Christmas cheer
Gala, tea, dinner theatre, Babes in Toyland, performance with orchestra planned
Coastal Ballet and Madame Rio Cordy have scheduled a flurry of performances and cast interactions, including a tea, a gala, and a dinner theatre, in conjunction with its annual production of the Nutcracker.
• Nutcracker Tea is Nov. 9 from 10 -11:45 a.m. at the Copper Kettle in Foley.
• The Nutcracker dinner theatre performance is Nov. 17 at 6:30 p.m. at Foley Civic Center. Tickets start at $30 per person and family passes are available, as well as corporate sponsorship tables.
• The Nutcracker Kingdom of Sweets Gala is Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Coastal Arts Center Of Orange Beach. and the program Nutcracker excerpts, a silent auction, live music by Milton Faustino, hors d’oeuvres, drinks and special photo opportunities with the cast. Dress is cocktail or festive attire. Cost is $50 per ticket. Also available are VIP/ corporate sponsor tables for $500 with premium seating, champagne, Nutcracker party favors and special photo opportunities. Sponsor tables also come with yearly sponsor recognition on our website and social media. Tickets available at Coastalballet.org or email email@example.com
Proceeds from the Kingdom of Sweets Gala support the current 2019-2020 season and beyond, as well as provide support for
Coastal Ballet’s community and youth outreach programs.
• The Nutcracker performance with live music provided by the Baldwin County Youth Orchestra is Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. at the Erie Meyer Civic Center in Gulf Shores.
• Babes in Toyland with excerpts from The Nutcracker is Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. at South Baldwin Community Theatre.
The Nutcracker Dinner Theatre with Governor and Mrs. Stahlbaum is an all new event this year. Enjoy a Christmas party set in the late 1800’s yet with all of the comforts of today. Dress up if you are so inclined and enjoy a wonderful interactive dinner with characters of The Nutcracker. Then be prepared to be entertained by the classic ballet in its entirety. Immerse yourself into the Stahlbaum’s unique Christmas gathering then journey with us through beautiful worlds of snow and wonder, on to the delightful Kingdom of Sweets. Fill your hearts with joy and excitement as you meet the Sugar Plum Fairy and dream away with Clara and her Nutcracker.
Madame Rio’s wealth of expertise in classical ballet is a summation of extensive training and career experiences acquired in the United States and abroad. She received her training through the Royal Academy of Dance in London. Her tutelage in the Vaganova Method was then coupled with instruction and Julliard in New York. Madame Rio then became a soloist and instructor for the Miami Ballet and later the events coordinator at the Alabama School of Fine Arts (ASFA) in Birmingham while also running two schools there.
After first opening Gulf Coast Ballet in Orange Beach, she opened the doors to Coastal Ballet Academy in Foley, where she strives to bring an appreciation of fine arts to local citizens and children. Madame Rio has groomed students who went on to become professional dancers, ballet teachers, beauty pageant contestants, and international dance competition participants.
Coastal Ballet is located at 3786 S McKenzie St. in Foley and their new studio is in the Medical Arts Building at 4223 Orange Beach Blvd. in Orange Beach. For information about sponsorships or to purchase tickets for any of the events, call 251-979-9851 or visit coastalballet.org.