Golf cart inspections & registrations continue in Orange Beach
The Orange Beach Police Department inspected more than 150 golf carts and issued 145 permits during the first inspection/registration day for golf carts. Remaining inspection dates and locations are as follows:
• Saturday, January 15: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Lauder Place pool parking lot on the corner of Lauder Lane and Sailfish Lane, serving area property owners and anyone with access to the location.
• Monday, January 17 (MLK Holiday): 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Orange Beach Recreation Center parking lot, 4849 Wilson Blvd., serving East Orange Beach property owners and anyone with access to the location.
• Saturday, January 22: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Orange Beach Golf Center parking lot, 4700 Easy St., serving Captain’s Cove, Gulf Bay Road area, Easy Street, and anyone with access to the location.
• Saturday, January 29: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Terry Cove pool parking lot, 26241 Terry Cove Drive, serving Terry Cove area property owners, including Marina Road and surrounding area.
• Saturday, February 5: 10 a.m. to noon – Windward Lakes clubhouse parking lot on Loop Road for property owners of Windward Lakes, Mariner Lakes and Leeward Village.
• Saturday, February 5: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. – Revisit Terry Cove pool parking lot, 26241 Terry Cove Drive.
• Wednesday, February 9: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Revisit Bear Point Civic Association Center, 5681 Bay La Launch Ave.
Saturday February 12: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Cypress Village at Cypress Village Townhomes pool parking lot, 23833 Cypress Manor.
Effective March 1, all golf carts in the City of Orange Beach will require permits to operate on designated city streets. To acquire a permit, all golf carts must pass an inspection. Required golf cart equipment and information to be inspected by officers includes the following: Driver’s License; Liability insurance; Head Lights; Rear View Mirror; Brake Lights; Operable Brakes; Turn Signals; Windshield. Every golf cart owner must present a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have all of the needed equipment upgrades. There will be no exceptions. If all items pass inspection, a fee of $75 will be collected on site (cash, check or credit card) and two permit decals will be issued to the golf cart owner to be placed on each side of the cart as specified in the ordinance. Permits will be valid for three years. For info, contact Sgt. Joey Brown at 251-923-5805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.