Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame members galore
The FBISF will, as usual, include Nashville Hall of Fame writers playing shows from OWA Theater in Foley to the Flora-Bama tent stage. For a list of the venues where the HOFers are playing, visit frankbrownsongwriters.com.
• Walt Aldridge: Walt spent 17 years as staff engineer at Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals and 15 years as an engineer in Nashville, working on some 200 records. The 1982 ASCAP Country Song of the Year “(There’s) No Gettin’ Over Me” by Ronnie Milsap and the 1983 NSAI Song of the Year “Holding Her And Loving You” by Earl Thomas Conley are among his songs.
• Marcus Hummon: Marcus has written Rascal Flatts “Bless the Broken Road,” which won a Grammy for Best Country Song in 2005 and the Dixie Chicks ‘ “Ready to Run,” which won a Grammy for Best Country Performance by A Group or Duo in 2000.
• Rafe Van Hoy: Rafe has been active and successful as both a writer and producer for 40 years. His accolades include a grammy nomination, 11 BMI One Million Airplay Awards, 3 BMI Two Million Airplay Awards and cuts recorded by George Jones and Tammy Wynette, LeAnn Rimes, Fleetwood Mac, Diana Ross, and Isaac Hayes.
• Even Stevens: The man behind “When You’re In Love With A Beautiful Woman” by rock’s Dr Hook to “I Love A Rainy Night” by Eddie Rabbitt, he has accumulated an unprecedented 53 BMI Awards. The Grammy nominated composer has written ASCAP’s Most Played Song of the Year, “Love Will Turn You Around” by Kenny Rogers and won BMI’s Robert J Burton Award, Song of the Year for “Suspicions” by Eddie Rabbitt.
• Sonny Throckmorton: From 1976-1980, there were only three weeks when one of Sonny’s songs was not on the Billboard charts. He was voted Songwriter of the Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International in 1978, 1979 and 1980 as well as BMI’s Songwriter of the Year for 1980. He has 15 #1 country hits, most of them recorded by Alabama.
• Dean Dillon: Winner of the BMI Icon Award, and a 2020 Country Music Hall of Fame inductee, Dean composed or co-wrote 76 songs for George Strait, 11 of which went to #1. With 26 #1 hits total to his credit he has received numerous other industry awards.
• Buddy Cannon: Buddy currently works with Kenny Chesney, Willie Nelson and Reba McEntire. His songwriting catalog includes the hits “Set ‘Em Up Joe”, “Give It Away”, “She’s Not Cryin’ Anymore”, “Dream Of Me” and “I’ve Come To Expect It From You.’’
• Hillary Lindsey: Hillary has 27 NO. 1 country singles, five CMA Triple Play Awards, three Grammy Awards, a CMA Song Of The Year, and three NSAI Song Of The Year Awards. In 2020 and 2021, she was awarded with back to back ACM Songwriter Of The Year awards.